With Labor Day in the rearview mirror, homeowner's and snow contractors are preparing for another round with old-man-winter. The BOSS Product Selector is here to make designing your winter arsenal quick and easy. In the steps below, I'll explain how to get the most out of this tool. Follow along to see our suggestions for your vehicle, submit a quote request, and see every component you'll need to turn your vehicle into an instrument of order during winter's chaos.
- 1. Select your product type - Snow Removal = snowplows, Ice Control = de-icing spreaders.
- 2. Select your vehicle type - Truck, UTV, ATV, Loader/Backhoe, Skid-Steer, or Tractor.
3. Select your vehicle specifications - Starting with the year, make, and model.
If you encounter an asterisk* in this section, it denotes that the detail is irrelevant, you must click on the asterisk to advance to the next field. See highlight below.
Details such as cab size, bed size, wheel base, FGAWR (front gross axle weight-rating), and engine type are needed to determine the weight rating and distribution of the vehicle. The headlight type will determine whether or not you'll need a headlight adapter. FGAWR can be found on a sticker in the driver's side door jamb, near the tire pressure rating.
- 4. Select a Product - Here you'll see a description of each recommended product, including an image, length, product family, and material. Select a product to view a list of its standard features, and choose "Select Options" to move forward.
If a product isn't recommended, it's possible that the vehicle manufacturer does not recommend a snowplow on the vehicle. The most common factor that prohibits a plow application is the front end weight rating (FGAWR) of the vehicle. We also cannot legally recommend plowing with two-wheel-drive trucks. For questions about the Product Selector, please call 800-286-4155 or chat with us on bossplow.com.
- 5. Select Options - After selecting a product, click on "Select Options" to view a list of options which may include controller styles, accessories, and a D-Force (down pressure) option for certain models. Select each option that you'd like included in your quote. Optional items and accessories can be viewed in the Products page of bossplow.com.
To continue, choose "View Summary"
- 6. Summary - Here you can see an overview of your vehicle and a list of the components needed for your plow/truck configuration. These components include the Blade Crate, Plow Box, Mount, Controller, Wiring Kit, and Headlight Adapter if necessary. As well as any optional items selected in the previous section. Notice the "Print" option at the bottom of the summary page.
Request a Quote - At this point, you can click "Request a Quote" to submit a quote request that will be answered by your chosen dealer in a timely manner; simply follow the prompts and enter your name, email, and location to select an authorized BOSS dealer near you.
If we can provide any assistance, please chat, contact us, or call 800-286-4155 to speak with a friendly representative.